The students who participated on our training on peace education successfully completed the dissemination phase of the training. They were mentored by two trainers on how to prepare conflict resolution and how to disseminate their ideas to the peers around the school.
Two work plans on Macedonian and Albanian language were produced and the students presented those work plans inside their schools.
The following topics were mapped as important by the students who participated in the training and they have invited their fellow students to join them in the actions of resolving those problems.
Problem 1: Physical violence based on diversity
- Raising the awareness on combating physical violence in cooperation with the parents (domestic values)
- Initiating more projects on enhancing religious cooperation
- Out of school activities where students will be mixed in groups
Problem 2: Understanding of the roles of the psychologists
- In order to decrease the trend of students secretly taking pictures of professors, the psychologists should work on education for privacy protection
- Students who show low performance at school should meet the psychologist frequently
- School psychologists should not be available only for low grades related problem, but also for mental health issues, family issues and issues related with the society. The role of the psychologists should be preventive.
Problem 3: Division among Macedonian and Albanian classes
- Implementing multiethnic courses together (ex. English language is organized as a mixed course)
- Sports should be played together not just between ethnicities, but also between male and female students
- Out of school activities should not be divided among gymnasium and vocational classes
The project “Peace Education for Inclusive Classrooms“is financially supported by the European Youth Foundation of the Council of Europe.